Friday, October 14, 2011

I remember when....


Hey guys!
I was just sitting during break with Nelsa, my friend...just a friend...promise. Even though her blue eyes are beautiful and sparkly. The sparkles on her pretty face bring out her rosy cheeks and her smile...is perfect.
Ahem, anyway, I was just visiting with my friend Nelsa about past Christmases. We've been around for a few hundred-or-so of them , so we have had our fair share of fun.
There was one particular Christmas we were talking about. A few years ago, in the year 1922, there was a great snow storm. Santa, of course, is very brave and has seen the worst snow storms ever, so this didn't make him flinch, but Rudolph, oh boy--he was scared!
It was Christmas eve, all the eleves were quickly wrapping last minute gifts for the little boys and girls who made it on the Nice List and while Santa was frantically searching for his boots, Roland (Head elf of Reindeer Training)couldn't find Rudolph.









Now, remember, this was only Rudolph's 5th year as part of the Christmas Flight crew, so a storm like this REALLY made his knees shake!
Everyone was calling around for him, "Rudolph! Where are you! We need to hurry! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I searched the kitchen, Nelsa searched the Christmas Tree Forest and Roland was searching everywhere! Santa was concerned, but knew exactly what to do! He went to the office, and over the loud speaker sang, 'Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer! Had a very shiny nose! ..." He sang the whole song! And everyone joined in. Do you know that song? Sing it!
Once Rudolph heard that song, he came out from hiding under the hay bales and said, 'I'm scared, Santa! That is a big storm and I am not quite sure I can do it. I don't want to let you down."
Santa said to Rudolph, with his arm around him, "Rudolph, the only way you could let me down is if you didn't try at all. Everyone gets scared, but if you at least give it a try, almost 99% of the time, you will succeed."
Wow. All of us elves stood around and listened. Rudolph, lifted his head high and said, "Santa, I will try!" Everyone cheered, Roland hooked Rudolph up at the front of the sleigh! The HUGE doors opened to outside, a gust of wind and snow came flurrying in and Rudolph flew the best he had ever flown before!
That was a wonderful Christmas. Have you ever been scared to try something? I know I have. But after listening to Santa, I think we all can try something we think is hard and succeed! Triumph= try plus a little "umph".
What is something you have succeeded at? Were you scared to try? Leave a comment and let us know! Santa would LOVE to hear!!
Well, I'm done with my break. Talk to you soon!
-Orophin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to play kickball in P.E. I was scared, but played and was the best on the team.
Braxton, AGE 7 --WASHINGTON

Orophin, we are so happy you are here to keep us updated! We look forward to getting our letter from Santa! ;)
THANKS
Braxton's mom, Sherri

SANTA WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts! Santa loves to read them with Orophin!