Monday, November 3, 2008

Compliments of Mrs. Claus

I was passing by Santa's cottage when I was overwhelmed with the yummiest baked cookies I have ever smelt in my life!!Now, that's 234 years of life we are talking about here. I went ahead and knocked on the door. Friendly Mrs. Claus answered the door and asked if I wanted to come in! Of course I said YES! Mmmmm! I was so anxious to see if she would offer me a cookie. I sat at the table with my cup of cocoa she knew I'd love. We started talking about my day at the toy factory. I was trying to explain how the "Stocking Stuffer" was sick today and we got set back a few hours, but all I could really think about were those warm, yummy, sweet cookies she was pulling out of the oven! They looked so delicious! While my explanation started trailing off, Mrs. Claus turned to look at me and gave a little laugh. She asked, "Orophin, would you like one of Santa's favorite sugar cookies?"
Oh YIPPEE!! I was so excited!
I said, "Sure! I would love one please!"
She grabbed me a plate with a cookie and a glass of milk. Oh boy! It was just how I had imagined! So yummy and sweet and delicious! We talked a little more and got on the subject of Santa's blog; The North Pole Daily! She thinks it's a wonderful idea. I talked about how good you kids have been lately. I shared about how Santa let me give you guys the secret Nice List Check List and her eyes got BIG!
She said,
"Oh my! We better get more toy making done! There will be even more kids on the Nice List this year now that the children know the list!"
She was so excited! She then offered to share her cookie recipe!
She said,
"well, if Santa can share something that is so special to him, then I most definitely can share something that is so special to me."
Mrs. Claus makes these cookies for Santa every Christmas! He loves them and she loves that he loves them! Now, she wants you to love them too!

Mrs. Claus' Sugar Cookies
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt


DIRECTIONS
-In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.

-Blow 5 kisses into the bowl to add extra love!
-Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight) .This gives the extra love (5 kisses) time to work!
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.

-Cut into shapes with any christmas cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
-Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

Decorate and enjoy! Be sure to save Santa a few!!

Hope you kids are enjoying November! Talk to you soon!
Love,
Orophin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Thanks for the recipe. This is such a great blog. My kids love to read it daily! Kepp the posts coming. Thanks Orophin!!

Jacque said...

Tried the cookies! SOOO DELICIOUS!
Thanks!

SANTA WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts! Santa loves to read them with Orophin!